- 88 grams applesauce, unsweetened
- 180 grams sourdough discard, 100% hydration
- 160 grams pumpkin purée
- 64 grams natural peanut butter, preferably unsalted and unsweetened
- 90 grams quick-cooking oats
- 180 to 240 grams whole-wheat flour, plus more for dusting
Angus loves pumpkin, sourdough bread (he has been known to steal an entire loaf off the counter), and peanut butter sooooo these treats are like a PURRFECT (Azalea ‘the cat’ sleeps curled up by him) ‘good boy treat’ for HIM!
Roast a pumpkin, in the oven at 400 till tender, 35-45 min or use a can of pumpkin from your pantry. I use a wide variety of pumpkins for decor in Oct and Nov and then store them in our cool pantry for chili, and other recipes throughout the winter. Try my pumpkin soup! Or the vegan pumpkin scones!
Place your bowl on the scale and weigh out all the ingredients except the flour. Mix with a dough hook in your Kitchen Aid or by hand if you prefer.
Add the flour in the smaller portion first and then mix more in as needed to form a stiffer dough. Think biscuits here. Let it rest 30 min. Roll it out and cut it with your favorite cookie cutter. Bake for 20 min in a 350 oven.
- This recipe was ‘VEGANIZED’ from https://food52.com/recipes/85741-sourdough-discard-dog-treats